Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Remove the Sodium and MSG from Cup Noodles


Nissin Cup Noodles (also colloquially known as "Cup o' Noodles") taste great, but they have huge amounts of sodium and MSG. MSG gives me headaches.

That's why I* came up with this Soup Hack™ to eliminate excess sodium and MSG while retaining much of that great flavor.

step 1: add boiling water
step 2: wait three minutes
step 3: POUR THE BROTH-LIKE SUBSTANCE OUT.
step 4: enjoy headache-free noodles.

Stay tuned for more Soup Hacks.

* and by "I", I mean my friend Anthony.

1 comment:

joshuazap said...

I've been known to indulge in a Cup o' Noodles(TM) every once in a while as a comfort food. However, I do feel a twang of guilt since I recognize how unhealthy they are...

If you want to further reduce the amount of sodium, do what I do: when you boil water for the cup noodles, boil more of it than you would normally need. Then, after following the directions above, pour more water into the cup noodles and then pour it out.

"Rinsing" the noodles with boiled water carries away more of the sodium that wasn't captured by the noodles. Note, however, that it will also make the noodles less tasty, but at least there's less guilt!